Location: Carlsbad, CA
Contract: 6 months
Performing assays, analyzing data, synthesizing comprehensive reports.
Your mission is to own a variety of service projects including designing and executing experiments with service assays using ProtoArray technology; developing protocols for novel ProtoArray assays; synthesizing complex data into technical reports; and communicating the results with our client’s global customers, including pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, as well as academic and government research institutions.
Your core areas of focus during the first year are to:
1. Manage service projects independently from start to finish.
2. Master the technological aspects of various projects.
3. Potential to lead the development of customer and sales training; you might be traveling and visiting some of our high-profile customers (approximately 10% of the time). This position is temp to hire for the right candidate.
• 1 to 2 years experience in the application of Molecular Biology laboratory techniques in a manufacturing environment or research laboratory.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the use of scientific laboratory techniques, equipment, and materials required.
• Experience in the use of basic laboratory techniques, including media/ solution preparation, Small and Large scale bacterial fermentation, protein and nucleic acid gel electrophoresis, restriction enzyme digests, transformations, UV Spec, Western Blots, UF/DF, Centrifugation.
Education Bachelor's Degree in Molecular biology or related life science with at least 1-2 years experience.
Candidate must be flexible with work shift. Initial training will occur during first shift. Upon training completion, this role will operate during second shift hours.