Director of Rehabilitation
Company has culture of clinical excellence and passion for what we do compels us to constantly innovate and improve. It also drives our commitment to offer more ways to help you achieve your personal and professional goals with:
• Management and clinical career ladder.
• Assistance with professional dues and licensure
• Supervisors and managers who are therapists
• Management of all aspects of Health Information Management Services, including IRF-PAI coding and UB-04 coding, radiology coding, document scanning, medical record analysis, medical record filing and retrieval, SPARCS data quality, release of information and New York State Department of Health Cancer Registry reporting.
• The Director of HIMS administers the department according to the standards of accrediting and regulatory agencies, Medical Staff By-laws and the policies of the health care system.
Management of the coding process including supervision of remote coders, ICD-9-CM, DRG, CMG, ICG, IRF-PAI, etiology, and complication/co-morbid condition code assignments.
• Management of clinical documentation improvement to substantiate the assignment of diagnosis codes, DRG’s and CMG’s including monitoring of the physician query process.
Coordinate the ICD-10-CM/PCS Implementation team activities , collaborates regarding strategy development, resources allocation, planning, budgeting, monitoring of vendor and payer readiness, development of CDI strategies, internal and external testing and development of comprehensive training protocols for physicians, ancillary staff and coders.
• Assists coders/abstractors with questions regarding accuracy of ICD-9-CM and IRF-PAI code assignments in accordance with ICD-9 CM and IRF-PPS coding guidelines.
• Bachelor’s degree or Associates degree in Health Information Management or related field.
• Accredited by American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
• Experience in an acute care and/or rehab environment.
• A Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) designation is preferred.
• Supervisory experience required.