Director Health Information Management Services
Located in White Plains, New York, Burke is a 150-bed acute hospital, entirely dedicated to rehabilitation medicine. Since 1968, Client has been affiliated with New York Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center.
• Management of all aspects of Health Information Management Services, including IRF-PAI coding and UB-04 coding, radiology coding, document scanning, medical record analysis, medical record filing and retrieval, SPARCS data quality, release of information and New York State Department of Health Cancer Registry reporting.
• The Director of HIMS administers the department according to the standards of accrediting and regulatory agencies, Medical Staff By-laws and the policies of the health care system.
• Management of the coding process including supervision of remote coders, ICD-9-CM, DRG, CMG, ICG, IRF-PAI, etiology, and complication/co-morbid condition code assignments.
• Management of clinical documentation improvement to substantiate the assignment of diagnosis codes, DRG’s and CMG’s including monitoring of the physician query process.
• Coordinate the ICD-10-CM/PCS Implementation team activities , collaborates regarding strategy development, resources allocation, planning, budgeting, monitoring of vendor and payer readiness, development of CDI strategies, internal and external testing and development of comprehensive training protocols for physicians, ancillary staff and coders.
• Assists coders/abstractors with questions regarding accuracy of ICD-9-CM and IRF-PAI code assignments in accordance with ICD-9 CM and IRF-PPS coding guidelines.new
• Bachelor’s degree or Associates degree in Health Information Management or related field.
• Accredited by American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
• Experience in an acute care and/or rehab environment.
• Supervisory experience required.
A Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) designation is preferred.