Biomedical Equipment Technician
JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT J14CR10
MSS – Wright- Patterson AFB, OH
POSITION: Biomedical Equipment Technician II
SALARY: $20.55 Hourly
POSITION SUMMARY: Eagle Systems seeks a potential full-time Biomedical Equipment Technician II to work on biomedical equipment at the following location:
• Wright-Patterson AFB, OH Job Opening ID# J14CR10
SCOPE: Provides technology management and equipment repair/ calibration support for the medical treatment facility. The position assesses and evaluates the condition of in-use medical equipment for maintenance, upgrade, or replace decisions.
• Knowledge of and skills in applying a wide range of specialized methods, principles, and techniques of electronics and complex medical system failures, recovery of systems, adjusting, modifying, and improving systems to include hardware and software components.
• Knowledge of a wide range of electronic principles and practices, operating parameters, capabilities, and limitations of electronic systems associated with complex medical systems/equipment; and of systems and component design, capabilities, configurations, limitations, and functional operation; and of various types of electronic logic.
• Knowledge of Air Force, Department of Defense, The Joint Commission, CAP, OSHA, NFPA, NEC and FDA regulations, procedures, and practices.
• Skill in the interpretation of technical data such as drawings, schematics, blueprints, and specifications of complete electronic systems; in analyzing problems in integrated/interfacing systems involving numerous complex circuits; and in using complex electronic and electromechanical test and measuring equipment using integrated test functions for different purposes.
• Ability of modify standard procedures, adapt equipment or techniques, and make departures from previous approaches to solve technical problems or improve system performance for highly complex electronic systems; to trace electronics logic from one system to another; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships to represent the organization in a professional manner.
• Ability to use computer terminals to enter and extract data to maintain records and document actions.
• In addition to health requirements in the contract, the individual must pass color vision test.
• A.A.S. in Biomedical Medical Equipment Technology or, engineering required.
• Two years of directly related experience.
• A valid driver’s license is required for the position in order to obtain authorization to drive a Government motor vehicle to service medical equipment that may be located in other buildings.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
• Bachelor’s degree in area of specialty and/or the equivalent combination of training, experience, and education.
• Minimum of four years’ directly related experience in the biomedical field.
• Ability to obtain and maintain an applicable security clearance.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Work will be accomplished in various departments of the medical treatment facility or logical extension of the facility (i.e., satellite clinic, health and wellness centers). Work areas may include isolated wards and in contaminated areas where personal protected equipment is required. Occasionally work on electrical live wires, switches and transformers of various high voltage levels, exposing the worker to the possibility of shock, cuts, bruises, scrapes and serious burns. Exposure to ionizing and non-ionizing radiation is possible, the contractor shall use appropriate safety procedures and devices as required by the Government. Experience as a biomedical technician in a hospital setting.
• To apply, go to www.esascorp.com .
• Eagle employees log into the Employee Portal and click on the link that says “New Employee – HR Connect”. Select Position ID# J14CR10.
• Non- Eagle Employees, select Careers to enter our Career Site, and apply.
• Eagle Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.